PROFESSIONAL, SAFE, AND EFFECTIVE WHITENING TO LIGHTEN YOUR OWN TEETH
As Liverpool’s premium choice for teeth whitening, we understand the importance of a bright and confident smile. Our dedicated team of dental professionals are committed to helping you achieve the whiter, more radiant teeth you desire.
Discover the transformative power of professional teeth whitening at Duthie Dental, where your oral health and aesthetic goals are our top priorities.
How Teeth Whitening Works
If you are not happy with the colour of your teeth, and you are losing confidence as a result, teeth whitening can really give you a boost. Drinking, diet and smoking can often cause discolouration of teeth. However, this can be rectified with professional teeth whitening
At our Liverpool dental clinics, we use White Dental Beauty and Enlighten, which allow you to whiten your teeth at home after a visit to us to make bespoke whitening trays. Your dentist will take a set of impressions of your teeth to allow us to make bespoke trays. These specially checked and fitted trays allow whitening agents to be safely applied at home over a couple of weeks to gently whiten your teeth.
The Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
If you want to see the best results to your smile, a professional teeth whitening solution will always work better. Our dentists are highly skilled and trained to provide you with a solution that will not damage your teeth and provide you the best results for your money. Other benefits include:
- Bespoke whitening trays fitted to your teeth
- Professional guidance from our trained dentists
- Can take as little as a few weeks to see results
- Day and Night options for your convenience
Professional Teeth Whitening vs Home Teeth Whitening
When it comes to teeth whitening, there are a few differences between getting it done in a dental clinic and doing it yourself at home.
Professional Teeth Whitening
- Performed by a dental professional in a dental office.
- Stronger bleaching agents are used, resulting in more significant and faster results.
- Treatment is carefully supervised, ensuring safety and minimising potential risks.
- Customised trays or protective barriers are used to prevent damage to gums and other oral tissues.
- Ideal for those seeking immediate and noticeable results or those with specific dental concerns.
Home Teeth Whitening
- Involves the use of over-the-counter whitening kits or products at home.
- Typically uses lower concentrations of bleaching agents which do not produce the same results as you’d get visiting a professional.
- Treatment duration may be longer to achieve desired results.
- Suitable for individuals with mild to moderate teeth staining.
Meet Our Team
Frequently Asked Questions
Teeth whitening is not typically available on the NHS, as it is generally considered a cosmetic dental procedure. The NHS primarily focuses on providing essential dental treatments for maintaining oral health rather than cosmetic enhancements.
Teeth whitening treatments can be effective in reducing the appearance of yellow teeth caused by external stains and surface discolouration. However, the effectiveness of teeth whitening may vary depending on the severity and underlying cause of the yellowing. It is recommended to consult with one of our dental professionals to determine the cause of the discolouration and to explore the most suitable whitening options for your specific situation.
Teeth whitening may hurt initially as sensitivity is quite common during tooth whitening. This resolves after a few days and can be helped by using a sensitive toothpaste. We have a range of whitening products to help our patients with the most sensitive teeth.
It is not advisable to whiten your teeth during pregnancy or breastfeeding just in case any of the whitening agent escapes whilst in your mouth.
If your teeth have build up or external staining on them, we’ll recommend you see our hygienist prior to whitening. This ensures you get the best result from your whitening procedure.
Crowns and fillings do not respond to whitening agents so won’t be altered by the process. Your dentist will advise you of your options for achieving the smile you want.
Your dentist will be able to give you a good idea of how well your teeth will respond to whitening treatment and design an appropriate course of treatment to achieve this. It is very rare that we cannot achieve the shade you want with whitening alone, but we do have other cosmetic dentistry options available.
Enlighten guarantees shade B1.
Yes, if whitening is provided by a dental professional then it is perfectly safe.